As an Eagle Scout, there are many scholarships for eagle scouts in 2021 available to you. Some only apply if you go to a specific school, or school in a particular state. Others require that a parent or grandparent be a member of the donor organization. Some ask for proof of need, others don’t. Make sure your high school college counselor knows you are a scouting eagle and is interested in special scholarships.
When you apply or are accepted by a school and talk to them about financial aid, ask if they have any special scholarships for Eagle Scouts. There is a wealth of information available on the web about Eagle Scouts Scholarships. Try your favorite search engine with the “Eagle Scout” scholarship. The list below is just some of the many sites that contain information. Offers, information and websites change constantly, so some information may become out of date.
The hard work, dedication and service it takes to become an Eagle Scout is not without its merits. Scholarships may seem difficult to come by, but there are many more Eagle Scouts scholarship opportunities than one might expect!
Eagles Scouts have unique scholarship opportunities based on academics, religion, and service record. The most exclusive prize money is awarded by the National Eagle Scout Association (NESA). Nevertheless, the skills that Eagle Scouts develop can be beneficial for any scholarship application.
There are tens of thousands of scholarship opportunities available to college and university students, and Eagle Scouts are known to have a competitive edge in the application process! Finding and applying for scholarships can be a daunting process, but the extra money for your education is well worth the time and effort.
About the scholarship
Many organizations view this award as deserving of recognition. They become generous donors, and they provide scholarship opportunities that young Scouts can choose from. Eagle Scout Scholarship Fund one. It all started with a $ 1 million donation. The donor who founded the fund was former Texas Governor, William B.
At its inception, the gift funded $ 90,000 in scholarships. The fund has since grown to award $ 690,000 in scholarships. So, if you are an Eagle Scout and are seeking help paying for college costs, this is a major resource.
Eligibility for scholarships for eagle scouts
- The winner must be an active member of the National Eagle Scout Association for each award period.
- The scholarship recipient will register, maintain, and provide NESA with proof of sabbatical status at the chosen college / university during the period of the scholarship. Cooperative work programs are not an acceptable way to fulfill a full-time student status.
- All funds will be paid directly to the college / university chosen by the grantee for tuition, room, board, and books during the scholarship period, which is four consecutive years.
- The winners must attend a four-year college / university accredited by recognized accrediting agencies that offer at least a Bachelor’s degree upon completion of the course offered.
- NESA will make payments to the chosen college / university upon receipt of a detailed bill and college transcript to verify the full-time status of the grantee. The scholarship is paid either in semester installments for the larger Cooke Scholarships, or as one-off payments at the discretion of NESA.
- Winners must maintain a GPA that places you in the top third of your class
Best scholarships for eagle scouts in 2021
• Wood Studies Scholarship
This non-renewable $ 1,000 scholarship will be awarded to a current high school student studying forestry in an effort to promote and improve forest practices for future generations. Applicants must be in the process of enrolling in a four-year college / university studying forestry, environmental sciences or natural resources.
• Sheila Z. Kolman Memorial Scholarship
This award is for Baltimore American high school seniors who have a grade point average of 2.5 or higher and demonstrate financial need. Students should also submit an essay of 500-1000 words describing how the teacher has affected his / her life in a positive way.
Visit scholarship website
• VFW Scout Of The Year Scholarship
This award is intended for active members of the Boy Scout Troop, Venturing Crew, or Sea Scout Ship who have received an Eagle Scout Award, Venture Silver Award or Quartermaster Award. Applicants must be between 15-18 years old and still in high school. Click here to learn more and apply today!
• Emmett J Doer Memorial Scholarship
This award is for high school seniors who are active in Scouts and practice Catholics. Applicants must have won an Eagle Scout / Silver Award, Ad Altare Dei, or Pope Pius XII Religious Award, and demonstrate outstanding leadership. Click here to learn more and apply today!
• Northrop Grumman Foundation Scholarships for Freshmen
This scholarship is open to incoming and current female students in the United States majoring in computer engineering, computer science, electrical engineering, software engineering, and systems engineering. Students are required to attend eligible schools as listed on the SWE website.
• Arthur M & Berdina King Eagle Scout Scholarship
This award is for high school seniors active in BSA at Eagle Scout level and under the age of 19. Applicants must be citizens of the United States or permanent residents and be registered with the Eagle Scout Unit. The winner can get up to $ 8,000. Click here to learn more and apply today!
• National Jewish Committee Scout Scholarship Program
The National Jewish Committee Scout Scholarship Program is available to Eagle Scouts who are high school seniors and active synagogue members. Applications must be submitted between October 1 and January 31. A winner can receive up to $ 1,000. Click here to learn more and apply today!
• Hall / McElwain Scholarship
The Hall / McElwain Scholarships offer awards of up to $ 5,000 each based on the school’s participation and Scouts as well as community service. To be eligible, the applicant must be an Eagle Scout and graduated high school or college student. Students enrolled in any of the US military academies are not eligible.